The Twine forums are now archived. If you need help, please visit http://help.supermechanical.com

Post Variable Length

Now that you've updated the max URL length (what is the max length btw?), and allowed POST requests;

There still seems to be a rather short maximum POST variable length. I'm trying to use an android service called "notifymyandroid.com" and the minimum variable length necessary to fire off a message (including API key, event, status and description) is 91 characters. But, in 91 characters, that is an event, status and description using 1 character each.

From what I can tell, your variable limitation is 99 characters.

Here is an example minimum POST data:

apikey=A99da857s40f632d37s17ae623ddadb7c221aac7351bd4a9&application=t&description=x&event=o

Also. a bug: When you save a POST request, then return to the webpage, it reverts back to a GET request (although the post data remains hidden in the POST data field).

Best Answer

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sorry I didn't see this sooner. The max URL length is very long now - it'll handle more than some browsers can. You're right, the POST data limit is there, and I'll be addressing that soon. The POST/GET choice bug has been fixed.

Answers