The Twine forums are now archived. If you need help, please visit http://help.supermechanical.com

Twine very slow to be updated with new rules

I received my Twine today and have had quite a few issues most crucially that it wont email me. One thing I have noticed is that if I change the rules and save (Turning over the twine to save changes) it does not save them. I can confirm this because I set it to turn on the LED when on its side which it does but I have since attached the magswitch and told it to turn on the LED when switch is opened and although it appears to save the changes they have not been saved and it still lights when the Twine is on its side, I am on the older firmware and really hope the update fixes this.
Anybody else found this issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for the advice Paul but I am now at the latest firmware but its still the same. A case in point: I set a rule up to turn on the LED as well as emailing me so that it was easy to tell if the rules were working (magswitch being opened) but now that I am happy that it works as expected I have removed the LED option, primarily to save some battery but even though it has now been removed from the rules the LED still comes on.
    Also sometimes I get the message about turniing over the twine to save the new rules quicker etc but sometimes I don't at all. It seems very intermittent.
    One question I have is do I actually have to be on the same network to change settings or should I be able to change them remotely?
    Thanks
  • Change your batteries. That should help significantly.
  • >> One question I have is do I actually have to be on the same network to change settings or should I be able to change them remotely?

not needed to be on same network

I've just tried with iphone on 3g connected to twine website
    and twine connected on home wireless :-)