The Twine forums are now archived. If you need help, please visit http://help.supermechanical.com

What to do with my "bricked" Twine...

I took it to work today (now that the vibration sensor is functional), which is where I planned to use it most of the time.

I went to set it up for a new network (to be able to use it at my job-site); which after some hair pulling seemed to succeed. I got a message about needing a new firmware (which I had updated 2-3 days ago); and then it went dead.

I've pulled the batteries (which were perfectly good) several times, brought the Twine back home and put new batteries in it... nothing. It's just a green doorstop right now.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Email help@supermechanical.com, and we'll get you a working Twine.
  • Or post in http://help.supermechanical.com/ as they have gotten back with all kind of really specific technical answers to me in a day or so.

• "I went to set it up for a new network (to be able to use it at my
    job-site); which after some hair pulling seemed to succeed. I got a
    message about needing a new firmware (which I had updated 2-3 days ago);
    and then it went dead."

This is precisely what happened to me as well! I still need to check if it will power on with USB power though ... but I may also have a green doorstop :D
  • Tried USB power and new batteries .. with no luck! :(
    and then it went dead."

+1 Here with me as well. I wonder if there could be any safety measures that could be placed during the firmware updates. Awaiting reply from support...
    and then it went dead."

"Tried USB power and new batteries .. with no luck!"

+1 :\
  • Almost sounds like the firmware update to increase the functions (some, like vibration were advertised originally) turns it into a non-functional object.

A nifty rubber green colored object, but still non-functional....

• I got my replacement awhile ago, and have been busy with other things in the meantime, so it's been sitting (undisturbed) for a bit.

I'm now trying to setup my new Twine; the LED flashes once (very quickly) right when I insert the second battery, and that's it. I've tried 3-sets of batteries, same result, I cannot set it up (flipping it upside down does nothing).

Remove batteries, try Micro-USB... same thing, flashes once, and done. I know I was able to do this before, as I once had a functioning Twine and was able to set up rules for it.

Going on the assumption that the LED is malfunctioning... I try to set it up anyway. No, neither my Netbook (or my Galaxy S3) can see the Twine network, so I'm shut down.

Ugh... this was a pretty expensive experiment that only worked for a few days (for me).
  • If you'll email help@supermechanical.com, we can look into what's going on with your Twine.
  • OK...

I have two Twines on my account, one working, one dead.

How do I get rid of the dead one???