The Twine forums are now archived. If you need help, please visit http://help.supermechanical.com

Vibration sensor: Not tripping "on" trigger?

As part of my sump pump monitoring, I have a matched pair of rules: 
1) Starts shaking for 3 seconds / untrigger after 2 seconds, 125 mili-G sensitivity
2) Stops shaking for 3 seconds / untrigger after 2 seconds, 125 mili-G sensitivity

The actual shaking that I've watched happen is around 500 mG -- the pump installed today is a lot quieter and smoother-running than the old one, which ran closer to 700 mG vibrations.

Both rules set an HTTP Get to my Google Spreadsheet web app.
I have noticed that I occasionally do not get the Starts Shaking trigger before getting the Stop Shaking.  That doesn't make much sense.  Any suggestions for adjusting the settings?

Answers

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Note: I have seen triggers of both types not make it into the spreadsheet, leading me to believe that the HTTP request isn't getting sent or received occasionally.  Is there no retry?  Is there any log file on the TWINE of HTTP results?

Is one type of trigger more reliable than another?  Email, SMS, HTTP? (The LED does me very little good, unless I want another TWINE to be triggered by the light... no, that's not a solution).