The Twine forums are now archived. If you need help, please visit http://help.supermechanical.com

Get current value

Seems like a basic question, but how do I retrieve the current reading (temperature in my case)? I know the device is setup to post its value to your webservers (webservices). Is there a simple URL to retrieve that value? Is the twine running a webserver itself?

Answers

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Twine doesn't run a web server - drains too much power! You can use the HTTP output to send the current temperature. It will call the URL you provide, so you'll need a web service to receive the value.
  • I tried that. I set it up to call a URL on my server when temp is above -100. It hit the URL once. I expected it to be called at every update. I think we need more rule options.
  • "When temperature is above X degrees" triggers the rule when the temperature _rises_ above X degrees. Perhaps a language change is in order.
  • So... you are persisting the previous reading, and checking to see if the new reading is greater than the setpoint and the previous is not, then triggering the action? I assume that marks the rule as "applied". How do the Trigger and Reset values play in?
  • > "When temperature is above X degrees" triggers the rule when the temperature _rises_
    > above X degrees. Perhaps a language change is in order.

Yes to language change being in order, but I think many of us also want to be able to query CURRENT STATE every minute or 10 minutes or whatever. I would like a log of the temperature of the device over time without having to write 280 rules for rising above or falling below every possible temperature value in its operating range.